Curriculum Vitae and Resume for Erik Holladay
Skilled, successful, results-oriented, skilled, professional delivering growth and market success in USA and international technical and industrial B-to-B sales, business development, marketing, and management.
Attributes: High Work Ethic. Dynamic. Innovative. Enthusiastic. Driven. Self-starting. Entrepreneurial. High-energy. Team Player. I perform leadership and hands-on resource roles in global, complex companies and help grow business and profit. I thrive in a dynamic environment where self-direction and initiative are keys to success. I know how to grow a business.
B-to-B Sales & Marketing Performance and Expertise with Local, National, Global, and C-Suite Achievement:
- Global Marketing Innovation, Success, and Management.
- B-to-B Sales & Business Development: Top 10% sales producer.
- Sales President's Club 3 Times, Rookie of the Year. Many other recognitions.
- Superior quality lead generation performance and success.
- Web and Search Engine Marketing expert for SEO, PPC, Social Media
- Lead Generation, Content, Conversions, Web Analytics, Content, etc.
- Enquiry Center and CRM Launch, Management, Support & Optimization.
- Conference, Trade Show, Advertising, Email, PR, Social Media Expertise.
- Ability to accomplish much with limited resources.
Intertek 12/1999 to 4/2015 15.5 years www.intertek.com
A global testing, inspection, and certification company.
Global Marketing Director (2003 to 2015)
• Part of global team growing the core divisional revenue 362%, from $184 million in 2000 to $667 million in 2014.
• Part of global team growing new and ancillary businesses 416% from $97 million in 2000 to $404 million in 2014.
• Supporting a global laboratory business lines which enjoyed 219 million revenue, 11% organic growth, 19% profit growth, and a profit margin of 29% in 2014, well outperforming the company.
Global Marketing Director Experience for the following business lines:
• Laboratory Services (Testing, Analysis, Outsourcing)
• Oil & Gas, Petroleum, Petrochemical
• Materials Analysis, Life Sciences
• Marine Industry Services
• Cargo and Trade Services
• Minerals Services
• Agriculture Services
Managed and produced global marketing initiatives and programs which drive sales, business development, lead generation, and sales funnel events and processes, managing ROI and growing profitable top-line revenue, with a small global staff.
Built, supported, and managed a thriving, profitable, global lead generation network supporting business units with revenues exceeding 860 Million USD (28% of Intertek's total revenue). The major business line I support achieved organic growth of 11% and profit growth of 19% for 2014.
Reporting to diverse Divisional and Business Line Global Executive Vice Presidents, I supported multiple business lines since 2003. During this time, my marketing and lead generation efforts have promoted growth and acquisition opportunities which have grown from one business line in 2003 to over eight independent units today. My efforts made a large contribution for the ability of Intertek to show significant organic growth after becoming a publicly traded company on the LSE in 2002.
Global corporate marketing performance includes driving organic growth, new market development, new services development, corporate and affiliate website development, affiliate support, web-enabled global sales activity tracking, telemarketing and email campaigns, press releases, social media, trade shows, conferences, webinars, market research, strategic marketing, sales development, key client opportunities, CRM integration, and more.
Market Development and Research:
Global Laboratory Services, Laboratory Outsourcing Services, Inspection, Certification, Auditing and other services are promoted. I am very familiar with industry niches including Petroleum Refining, Shale Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Chemical, Biotechnology, Food & Agriculture, Pharmaceutical, Packaging, Automotive, Logistics, Trade, Minerals, Regulatory, Manufacturing, and others.
Web, Search, Internet and Lead Generation Marketing:
I envisioned, created, managed, engineered, and built sustained growth in visitors and leads for Intertek websites across languages and geographies. My web lead generation work gives Intertek a strategic competitive advantage. I was described as “Our Secret Weapon” by one business line VP.
- Drove quality website visits from less than 2,000/month in 2002 to over 150,000 in 2014.
- Dominate search engine results against competitors, generating millions in annual revenue the competitors never see.
- My hands-on internet marketing work generates over 5,000 quality leads a month for various business lines, including over 2,000+ quality leads a month to the core business line I supported.
- These leads conservatively generate over $20 million USD a year in new business at superior profit margins, not counting repeat business from previously established accounts and projects. Leads generated range from transactional to multi-million dollar strategic opportunities and projects.
- Considered a search engine marketing expert inside Intertek, I produced quality business leads and profitable top-line organic growth, along with strategic outsourcing and acquisition projects.
Global Marketing Management Role:
Support global business across industries, markets, languages. Provide guidance, training, and support for a global team of management, marketing and sales personnel in North America, South America, EMEA, and APAC. I have worked in over 19 nations with colleagues and clients for Intertek. Work with and report to senior executive management.
Sales and Marketing Skills and Experience:
Key Account Management, Consultative Selling, Sales Development, Territory Management, Lead Generation, Communications, Advertising, Search Engine Marketing, Web Marketing, Paid Search, Content Marketing, Brochures, Emails, Telemarketing, CRM, Trade Shows & Conferences, Webinars, Social Media, Blogs, and more. See attached marketing mind-map.
Strategic Development Manager (1999 to 2002)
This multi-faceted role included Laboratory Sales, New Business Development, Ecommerce, Sales Management, Marketing, and International Marketing for Intertek USA, Americas and Global. I played a leadership role in developing Ecommerce alliances, early website development, and International sales and marketing campaigns.
• Major commercial alliances and multi-million dollar outsourcing project wins with Dow Chemical and Neolytica, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Kuwait Petroleum, Shell, and Chevron were achieved, among others.
Reporting to divisional and corporate executive and line management teams, including senior executive VPs, VP laboratory and inspection services, and various VPs and Managers for business niches for Marine and Industrial services. I worked closely with Americas and International management and business development on a daily basis, including the Americas, APAC, and EMEA. Successful Business development trips to Colombia, Mexico, Panama, Brazil, UK, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Canada, China, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait.
SGS North America 1996 to 1999 4 Years www.sgs.com
A global testing, inspection, and certification company. www.sgs.com
Director of USA Sales & Marketing
Sales Management and Marketing Business Development in the USA and the Americas for the petroleum and petrochemical services offered by SGS. Close cooperation with European, Latin American, and Asian laboratory, commercial, and International colleagues. Reported to the USA President, Exec VP and Laboratory Director. Created and organized a reformed, effective, professional marketing and sales organization on the commercial services side. Business trips to England, Venezuela, Canada and Panama. Global team member of a McKinsey Sales and KAM Consulting Project.
- Helped grow laboratory services revenue $4 million a year annually, beating budget and helping contribute 2/3 of divisional profits. $5.8 million per year in 2015 dollars.
- Major contract wins ExxonMobil, Valero, Marathon, Shell, and others.
- Helped build and launch the first USA website, generating the very first web leads.
- Pioneered, developed and managed CRM adoption and usage for better sales effectiveness.
- Planned and managed major tradeshows, such as PITTCON, EAS, and the Gulf Coast Conference.
Director of Laboratory Sales & Marketing
Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Sales Management in the USA while also supporting and cooperating with colleagues in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Reporting to Lab Services VP, Quality Director, President. Created an organized, professional, accountable, and effective marketing and sales organization for Testing, Inspection, and Outsource Services where none existed before. Strong profit and revenue growth were generated each year for laboratory services in the USA.
VWR Scientific 1982 to 1995 12 Years www.vwr.com
Global scientific and laboratory equipment, supplies, and consumables supplier and distributor.
Senior Sales Representative
(Gulf Coast: Petroleum, Petrochemical, other) 1993 to 1995
• Top 5% Sales Representative for the SW USA Region in Profit and Revenue Growth, 1994 and 1995.
• Grew sales territory revenue 50% and profit by 37%, to $1.74 million ($2.7 million in 2015 dollars)
• Top 5% of the SW USA Region for key corporate product groups, and transformed an under-performing territory into a top producer.
• Finalist for President’s Club before merger with Baxter Scientific put the award process on hold.
• Major Key account contract wins for Chevron Petrochemical, BASF, Albemarle, SGS, and others.
• VWR attempted to hire me back in 1996 after their sales declined, and a former VWR VP with a major VWR competitor attempted to hire me into a senior sales management position in 2011.
Regional Sales Manager
(Greater Gulf Coast: Petroleum, Petrochemical, Life Science, other) 1991 to 1993
Directed Sales Team for Gulf Coast, transforming the quality of the sales force and lead the South West Region in sales and growth, despite a recession in the Petroleum & Chemical industries. I used my marketing skills to engineer a successful ISO-9000 products campaign which grew revenue and margin. Seeking more income, my compensation rose 40% after returning to the field as a senior sales rep in 1993 to 1995.
• Rebuilt under-performing sales team, raising standards, professionalism and results. Major contract wins with Texas Medical Center, Formosa Plastics, Lyondell, others.
• Sales Team was top performer for the SE Region in 1991 and 1993, 17% growth annualized.
• Conceived, developed and implemented successful ISO-9000 marketing and sales promotion.
(Florida and Export Market) 1988 to 1991
Pioneered and successfully developed VWR’s sales and market share in Florida and key export markets in the Caribbean and Latin America. Based in Miami, I thrived in the diverse business and cultural niches of the South and Central Florida territory.
• President’s Club Award.
• Grew Territory Revenue 35% and Profit 44% per year for 3 years.
• Brought VWR Florida market share from 7th to 2nd in 3 years.
• Top Producer in the SE Region for 3 years.
• Major contract wins for Cordis, University of Miami, Schering-Plough, Disney World, others.
• Mettler 75 Sales Club twice, Mettler 50 Sales Club.
• Numerous other awards and recognition.
Field Sales Manager and Sales Representative
(Silicon Valley, California) 1982 to 1985
Top Sales Representative in the San Francisco Bay Area and the USA for sales and profit growth. Achieved superior sales and gross margin growth during all 4 years.
- Grew sales territory 470% starting at $300K to $1.4 million in 18 months. ($660k and $3.0 million in 2015 dollars). Grew sales and profit 92% to 40% annually, in the face of increasing budget quotas.
- President’s Club Award in 1983. Runner-up in 1984.
- Sales Rep of the Year.
- Rookie of the Year, along with numerous other sales awards.
- Managed sales team which achieved record sales of $7.5 million ($16.5 million in 2015 dollars).
- Major contract wins for Hewlett Packard, National Semiconductor, California Biotechnology, Advanced Micro Devices, Fairchild Semiconductor, Apple Computer, FMC, Raytheon, Trilogy Semiconductor, and others.
- Selling Skills classes presented to sales and inside staff.
- Promoted to Field Sales Manager.
- Planned and managed major trade shows, such as SEMICON West.
- Proactively created and used marketing tools to grow the business, including brochures and mass mailers.
Avery International 1986 to 1988 2 Years www.avery-dennison.com
A global industrial and technology-products company.
Top Sales Representative selling industrial labeling machinery and customized packaging industry products for Northern California.
- Avery President’s Achievement Club Award.
- New Capital Equipment Market Introduction National Sales Award.
- Awarded Caribbean Cruise Top Sales Incentive program.
- Achieved the largest OEM capital equipment account landed in company history. ($500K, 1.0 million in 2015 dollars).
- Grew sales 560% to $700,000 in 1987. ($1.5 million in 2015 dollars).
- The only sales rep to be successful west of the Mississippi.
- Worked and won equipment sales opportunities for USA, Singapore, UK, Mexico, and Ireland.
Professional Skills, Training and Education:
- MBA evening classes in Marketing and Business at Golden Gate University, San Francisco (GPA 3.7) and Florida International University, Miami (GPA 3.4), while working full time.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Marketing/Business Administration 1980, with minor in Biological Sciences and Chemistry. San José State University, San José, California.
- Worked over 20 hours a week while attending and graduating from San José State.
- Member of ASTM, AMA, IBIA, BMA, and other professional organizations.
- Trade Show and Conference Experience:PITTCON, Offshore Technology Conference, SEMICON, PowerGen, SMM Hamburg, Gulf Coast Conference, CMA SHIPPING, IPC, SPE, Reliable Plant, ARGUS, PLATTS, EAS, HART ENERGY, many others.
- Numerous Internet Marketing, Search Engine Marketing, Social Media, CRM, Content Marketing, Lead Generation, Development Courses, Certificates, Adwords Training, etc., 2003 to 2013.
- Numerous classes and seminars for professional advertising, brochures, email, webpages, etc.
- Project Management, Project Management Institute PMI
- Professional Courses in Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Shale, Laboratory Technologies, FDA Food Regulations, FDA GLP Regulations, RoHS, REACH, and other market niche topics.
- Strategic Key Account Management and Consultative Selling Skills Course, London UK
- • Provide Professional Selling Skills Training, Consultative Selling Training
- Sales Training: Consultative Selling, Key Account Management, PSS III, PSS II, Time Management, Human Psychology, Consumer Behavior, Marketing Strategies, Management Skills, Communication Skills, etc.
- Languages: English and Spanish. I am very familiar with Latin American culture.
- Extensive business travel for B-to-B business development, management meeting, conferences, trade shows, seminars, etc. USA business travel made to over 18 states. International business travel to Colombia, Brazil, Mexico, Germany, Belgium, France, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Venezuela, Panamá, Switzerland, Singapore, South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Canada.
- Marketing Blog: http://erikholladay.blogspot.com/
- Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/erikholladay
- Download "Search Engine Marketing: A Look Behind The Curtain" on SlideShare